Verizon, one of the major telecommunications providers in the United States, offers a range of international calling and texting options for its customers. If you’re planning to make international calls or send texts while using Verizon’s services, it’s essential to understand the associated charges, as they can vary based on your plan and the destination country. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the details of Verizon’s international calling and texting charges, as well as provide information on making international calls through Verizon, prepaid plans, and more.
Can We Make International Calls With Verizon?
Yes, Verizon allows its customers to make international calls. However, whether you can make international calls or not may depend on your specific plan and whether you have international calling features included.
Verizon Charges For International Calls
Verizon offers a variety of international calling plans and rates to suit different needs. The charges for international calls can be broken down into several categories:
1. Total Call Charges Per Minute
The cost of making international calls with Verizon can vary widely depending on the destination country and your specific plan. Verizon offers different plans with varying rates for international calling. For example, you may have a plan that includes a certain number of minutes for international calls each month, or you may be charged per minute for international calls.
To get accurate information on the per-minute rates for international calls to specific countries, it’s best to visit Verizon’s official website or contact their customer support. These rates can change, so it’s essential to check for the most up-to-date information.
2. Total Text Charges
Sending international text messages with Verizon is typically not included in regular text messaging plans. Instead, international texting is subject to additional charges. Verizon offers various international texting plans, so the cost may vary depending on your specific plan.
Again, the rates for international texting can change, so it’s crucial to check with Verizon for the most current pricing information. Some plans may include a certain number of international texts, while others may charge per text message sent.
3. Total Charges For Receiving a Call
While you are generally not charged for receiving calls on your Verizon plan within the United States, international calls can be a different story. In some cases, you may be charged for receiving international calls, especially if you are roaming internationally. These charges can also vary based on your plan and the country from which the call is originating.
To avoid unexpected charges for receiving international calls, it’s essential to understand your plan’s terms and conditions and be aware of any potential roaming fees when traveling abroad.
4. FaceTime Calls
If you use Apple’s FaceTime to make video or audio calls internationally, you’ll need an internet connection. While Verizon may not charge you directly for using FaceTime, data usage may apply if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi. Be sure to check your data plan to avoid any unexpected data charges.
Steps To Follow To Make International Calls Through Verizon
Making international calls with Verizon is relatively straightforward, but the process may vary depending on your plan and the device you are using. Here’s a general guide on how to make international calls:
- Dial the International Access Code: To make an international call, start by dialing the “+” sign or your country’s international access code. In the United States, the international access code is “011.”
- Dial the Country Code: After dialing the international access code, enter the country code of the destination you want to call. Country codes are typically 1-3 digits long and are unique to each country. You can find a list of country codes online or consult Verizon’s resources.
- Dial the Phone Number: After entering the country code, dial the local phone number of the person you want to call. Be sure to include any relevant area codes or city codes if necessary.
- Wait for the Call to Connect: Once you’ve entered the full international number, wait for the call to connect. You may hear a series of beeps or tones, followed by the ringing of the recipient’s phone.
Remember that international calling rates and features can vary based on your specific Verizon plan. Some plans include a certain number of international minutes each month, while others charge per minute for international calls. Check your plan details to understand your specific calling options and rates.
Is International Calling Covered In Prepaid Plans?
Verizon offers prepaid plans that cater to different communication needs, including international calling. However, whether international calling is included in your prepaid plan or not depends on the specific plan you choose.
Verizon typically offers several prepaid plans with varying levels of international calling and texting features. Some prepaid plans may include a limited number of international minutes and texts, while others may require you to purchase an international calling add-on.
To determine whether international calling is covered in your Verizon prepaid plan, you should:
- Review Plan Details: Check the details of your prepaid plan on Verizon’s website or through the My Verizon app. Look for any included international features or add-ons.
- Contact Customer Support: If you’re unsure about your plan’s international calling capabilities, it’s a good idea to contact Verizon’s customer support for clarification. They can provide specific information about your plan and any available options for international calling.
- Consider Add-Ons: If your prepaid plan does not include international calling, you may have the option to purchase international calling add-ons. These add-ons typically provide a certain number of international minutes at an additional cost.
Keep in mind that international calling rates may vary based on the destination country, so it’s essential to check the specific rates for the countries you plan to call.
Is Messaging add in Verizon International Calling Plan?
Verizon’s international calling plans and features are primarily focused on voice calls. While some plans may include a limited number of international text messages, it’s essential to note that sending international texts is typically subject to additional charges, even if you have an international calling plan.
If you frequently send text messages internationally, it’s advisable to review Verizon’s international texting options or consider adding an international texting plan to your account. These plans may provide a certain number of international texts at a fixed monthly rate or charge per text message sent.
To avoid unexpected charges for international texting, be aware of your plan’s terms and conditions and consider adding an international texting feature if needed.
Does Verizon International Calling Plan Automatically Renews Every Month? We Don’t Need To Activate Every Month
Verizon’s international calling plans may renew automatically each month, depending on the specific plan you have chosen. Auto-renewal can be convenient as it ensures that you have uninterrupted access to international calling features.
However, the auto-renewal process can vary based on the plan and whether it’s a postpaid or prepaid plan. Here’s what you should know:
For postpaid plans (contract-based plans), Verizon often includes international calling features as part of your monthly plan. These features may renew automatically each month along with your regular plan. Verizon will bill you for any international calling charges as part of your monthly bill.
For prepaid plans, the renewal process may vary based on the specific prepaid plan you’ve chosen. Some prepaid plans may automatically renew each month, while others may require manual renewal. If your prepaid plan includes international calling features, these features may also renew according to the plan’s terms.
To ensure that you understand the renewal process for your specific plan, review the plan details provided by Verizon. You can also check your account settings or contact Verizon’s customer support for clarification.
Verizon offers a range of international calling and texting options for its customers, but the charges can vary based on your plan and the destination country. Here’s a summary of key points regarding Verizon’s international calling and texting:
- Verizon allows international calls, but whether it’s included in your plan depends on the plan type.
- Charges for international calls per minute can vary based on the destination country and plan.
- International texting is typically not included in regular text messaging plans and may be subject to additional charges.
- Be aware of potential charges for receiving international calls, especially when roaming.
- Making international calls with Verizon involves dialing the international access code, country code, and local number.
- Prepaid plans may or may not include international calling, so review your plan details.
- International texting is generally not covered, and add-ons may be available.
- Auto-renewal of international calling features depends on your plan type.
To get the most accurate and up-to-date information on international calling and texting rates, consult Verizon’s official website or contact their customer support. Understanding your plan’s terms and any available add-ons can help you manage your international communication needs effectively while avoiding unexpected charges.